Happy Easter, everyone! We’re busy here in the KC household marinating lamb, munching on some rhubarb crumble cake leftover from brunch and getting ready to put the finishing touches on what will hopefully be a dinner showcasing some of spring’s finest produce.
I wasn’t really planning on posting today, but I’m ahead of schedule of dinner (shocking) and ended up throwing this together with some mint and parsley that I had on hand. Although its true test will come as an accompaniment to our lamb, a quick taste test left me quite happy and excited to share with you in case you were looking for any last-minute ideas for your dinner. It’s fast, it’s easy and let’s face it, it’s fun to say chimichurri.
from Gourmet November 2009
yields about 1 cup of sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley including trimmed stems
- 2 cups mint including trimmed stems
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- With motor running, drop garlic into food processor and finely chop.
- Add remaining parsley, mint, vinegar, oil and salt. Pulse until herbs are finely chopped.