santa, do you read my blog?
Based on the number of posts I’ve seen recently about good Christmas presents (hint hint, Santa), I think he must be a blog reader. So, here’s to hoping that I’m on Santa’s Google Reader. And even if I’m not, hopefully it will offer you guys some inspiration in your own gift-buying season.
Overall, I consider myself a solid pick for the “nice” list. Here’s why:
- I always let people off elevators before getting on one myself.
- I say “please” and “thank you”.
- I share baked goods with others.
- Sometimes I send flowers to people for no good reason other than the fact that it’s a Tuesday (okay, so I’ve done that only a couple of times, but it was still nice).
- I recycle and try to remember to bring my own bags to the grocery store.
So, with this in mind, here are some ideas (and possibly inspiration for other nice food bloggers on your list, I hope).
Jess, klutzy chef and #1 santa fan
Always such a great idea for people who love to cook. Some of favorites that I already have on my shelf and love to death include:
Still on my amazon wishlist are
- Bourke Street Bakery: This was a highlight for my trip to Sydney and I’ve heard great things about there cookbook. Number 1 on the “wish I had list”
- Ad Hoc at Home: Am I the last person on earth to not own this book? I think so.
- Around my French Table: Just because Dorie Greenspan is so wonderful.
I’m always on the look-out for more photo kit and this year the theme is lighting. Our kitchen is so much roomier than our kitchen in Switzerland, but the lighting is a disaster. Perhaps it’s time for a speedlite softbox kit — box, stand and remote for $88 is a pretty good deal!
Room for a laptop, camera, lenses, my wallet and it doesn’t look like something I would hike Everest with? Yes, that’s a tear you spy in my eye, but a tear of joy.
Anything from Lirola on etsy
I have admired the clothes from this shop forever, but have been putting off ordering because we lived in Switzerland and I was terrified of getting slammed with VAT charges. Not sure what my excuse it now. This dress is stunning.