i’m not dead, just moving
Over a month ago I announced that Mr. KC and I were packing up and taking our show across the pond. I also, I believe, made a commitment to being back online as soon as possible. Here is what I didn’t anticipate:
- that we had signed a lease with a woman who was not exactly in contention for landlord of the year.
- that when I arrived to our apartment for the first team (accompanied by all my worldly belongings and our team of movers), we would be greeted by someplace that was more demolition zone than home sweet home.
- that 1 week later we wouldn’t have a home any longer because we would break lease.
- that we would then move into a spatially challenged apartment (I believe the real-estate agents call it “cozy”) .
- that I would have to hire movers so many times, I would get a 10% discount off my third use.
- that I would still be living out of boxes and worst of all…
- that it would be more than a month before I could cook a decent meal in my own home.
So, there we are. It wasn’t until yesterday that I cooked my first “real meal” in my home (seared salmon and garlic green chard). We still live out of boxes and use crates as a coffee table, but we’re moving along (no pun intended). I miss you all and regret not posting more, but instead of understanding, I’m actually just going to ask for your pity, because the livin’ over here sure is rough.